Why are clinical studies important?
Clinical studies and trials are important because medicine can’t advance without testing these new treatments to see if they work and are safe. They help physicians:
- Find new advances in medicine,
- Develop new ideas or approaches for treatment,
- Identify safe and effective treatments,
- Obtain FDA approval for use of new drugs or devices,
- Personalize medicine by determining which existing treatments are better for specific patients, and
- Determine which treatments are the most cost-effective.